Mon, Dec 19|
CASC/CGA Mock Legislative Session Day
CASC, in partnership with Connecticut General Assembly, is proud to announce a Mock Legislative Session Day in the Capitol Building.
Time & Location
Dec 19, 2022, 9:15 AM – 3:00 PM
Hartford, 210 Capitol Ave, Hartford, CT 06106, USA
About the event
CASC, in partnership with Connecticut General Assembly, is proud to announce a Mock Legislative Session Day in the Capitol Building on Monday, December 19, 2022 from 9AM-3PM. Mock Legislative Session Day is an opportunity for student council/government members from across Connecticut to work with the Connecticut General Assembly staff and legislators to learn how a bill becomes a law. Students will experience the committee and public hearing process, bill analysis, fiscal analysis, and the process of putting a bils intentions into legal language, in preparation for Mock Session where students will debate their mock legislation on the House Floor.
This is an incredible educational experience giving student council/government members the opportunity to gain a better understanding of the legislative process in a hands-on way.
- This educational experience is $10.00 for students from CASC Schools and includes lunch and all necessary supplies.
- Students can choose from 3 student driven topics of local or state concern.
- Students should be interested in entering a public service profession or seeking public office in the future.
- The program includes 1 mandatory zoom orientation meeting before the live event in Hartford.
- Please review these House rules.
- Monday, November 28: Registration Deadline.
- Wednesday, November 30 (7PM-8:30PM): Mandatory Zoom prep session with Non-Partisan Staff.
- Wednesday, December 7 (7PM-8:30PM): Mandatory Zoom prep session with Non-Partisan Staff.
Monday, Dec 19, 2022(9AM-3PM): Mock Legislative Session Day, Capitol building in Hartford.